Data Analytics Manager
Curtis has more than 20 years in the Information Technology sector with experience in Algorithms, Commercial Application Development, Database Administration, Data Analysis, Reporting and Visualization, Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Machine Learning (ML), Natural Language Processing (NLP), and Project Management. He joined the University Audit Office in October 2015.
Key positions previously held, include:
- College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS), Database & Business Systems Manager
- BAE Systems, Software Developer
- Finger Lakes Engineering, Project Leader
- CJ Software, LLC, Principal Consultant
- ATX Forms, Inc., Programmer / Analyst
Curtis holds a Master of Engineering in Computer Science from Cornell University (Class of 2016), a B.S. in Information Technology and an A.S. in Computer Science. He has also earned several professional certifications, including: ACL Certified Data Analyst (ACDA), Certified Scrum Master (CSM), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP), and Oracle: PL/SQL.
In addition to guiding the overall data analytics strategy for the Audit Office and the Continuous Risk Assurance program for the University, he has recently developed a new data-driven Policy 5.10 (Information Security) Compliance Review program for Managed Endpoint Devices as preparation for becoming a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA). Related affiliations include: co-leadership of the ACL Central New York User Group, being an active member in the Ivy+ Data Analytics affinity group, membership in Tableau Central New York User Group.
- Grantham, D., Josey, C., Stoquert, B., Applebee, G. “Cornell Cooperative Extension Gains Efficiencies and Increases Capacity with a Central Database”. Journal of Extension, 2010.
- “Challenges & Opportunities of Internal Audit Analytic Programs”, ACL Higher-Ed Roundtable, webinar, 2017.