Director, IT Risk Assurance
Timur is a seasoned IT security and risk assurance executive with significant strategic planning and business consulting experience in higher education and financial services. His core competencies include IT governance, risk analysis and IT audit.
Key positions previously held, include:
- University of North Carolina General Administration, Technology Officer, Office of the President
- Ernst & Young, LLP, Senior Manager, Performance Improvement Advisory Services
- Ernst & Young, LLP, IT Audit Manager, Technology & Security Risk Services
- Goldman, Sachs & Companies, Consultant, Management Controls Division
- University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Systems Analyst, Information Systems Department
Timur is a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and is Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT). He holds an MBA from Baruch College, Zicklin School of Business; an MS from Cornell University; and is currently a doctoral student at Cornell University, Department of Information Science. His academic research explores how organizations negotiate and work around systemic risks.